IKEA item: MALSJO cabinet
The empty wall between the kitchen and dining area was very disturbing, even screaming at me to fill it with something. I came up with a hack on the IKEA MALSJO cabinet turning it into a tall, elegant, black and white piece on legs. Perfect!
1. Before assembling the cabinet, paint the interior of the MALSJO cabinet including back wall.
2. Put together all pieces according to IKEA Assembly Instructions up to no. 22. Do not do no. 23.
3. Put together the bottom of the cabinet according to IKEA instruction and start making legs with 4 pieces of 2m long 6/6cm timber.
4. Assemble legs as shown.
5. Paint legs in black to match the black of the cabinet color.
6. Put together bottom with new legs and upper part of cabinet.
7. Always screw the cabinet to the wall.
~ by Karolina Zagrodzka