- wool yarn
- trapilho jersey yarn
- wooden hoop (I used a 26 cm diam. embroidery hoop)
- big wooden pearls ( hole diameter must be large enough to thread trapilho)
- pack of 3 IKEA Heat cork trivet – 3$99
- IKEA Socker 10.5 cm large plant pot – 1$99
- painter tape
With a set of 3 HEAT trivets & a SOCKER plant pot, I made a plant hanger. This plant hanger is 150 cm high but can easily be reduced. It’s also possible to replace trapilho jersey by rope for a different effect.
1. Cover IKEA Heat trivets top with painter tape to draw circles with a compass.
2. Mark 3 equidistant holes on each trivet as stated by a cross on photos ( they will serve to suspend plant hanger )
on bottom trivet, mark a central hole.
3. Cut trivets circles with a hobby knife or scalpel.
4. Trivet offcuts will serve to make the mobile at plant hanger bottom.
5. Drill all holes and thread through with rope or trapilho jersey yarn, as I did.
6. Add a wooden pearl to each trapilho length held by a knot.
7. Insert IKEA SOCKER plant pot
You can find the full tutorial for this simple DIY here.
The post A plant hanger with HEAT trivet & SOCKER plant pot appeared first on IKEA Hackers.